- Last Updated: 11/09/2016
Before you submit any information on or through the Services, please carefully review this Policy. By using any part of the Services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as further outlined in this Policy. We will continue to evaluate this Policy as we update and expand the Services and our offerings, and we may make changes to the Policy accordingly. Any changes will be posted here and you should check this page periodically for updates. Your continued use of the Services will signify acceptance of the terms of the updated Policy.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- We collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as from your browser or device.
- 1. Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect information from you during your use of or access to the Services, such as when you:
• Register for an account;
• Make a purchase;
• Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
• Complete a survey or provide us with feedback;
• Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
• Use certain features that require your information to function (e.g., vendor price quotes or using our mobile apps to scan and search for products, find coupons, and promotions);
• Communicate with us; or
• Post user-generated content, including comments, to or on any of our Services, including on community forums and blogs.
- 2. Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
a. Device/Usage Information
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices or tablets) you use to access the Services. As described further below, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, IMEI and TCP/IP address, and other information about your computer or device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, mobile device carrier information, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit web pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content (such as advertisements) viewed and the order of those pages, statistical information about the use of the Services (such as barcodes scanned through certain of our mobile apps), the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
b. Location Information
We and our service providers may automatically collect location information, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) from your computer or mobile device. If you access the Services through a mobile device, we may also ask you to share your specific geo-location information with us. The Services use this location information to provide customized location-based services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, if you use our ShopSavvy mobile application, with your permission, we collect geolocation information from your device that will allow us to present location-based alerts such as nearby retailers or coupons, or organize products searched or scans based on the closest applicable retailer. We may also use location information to improve the functionality of the Services and our other products services. We and our service providers may also collect other information based on your location and your device’s proximity to “beacons” and other similar indoor proximity systems, including, for example, the strength of the signal between the “beacon” and your device and the duration that your device is near the “beacon.” If you do not wish to have this location information collected and used by us and our service providers, you may disable the location features on your device. Please note that if you disable such features, you will not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content, features and/or products made available via the Services. Also see the “Tailored Advertising” section below for more choices regarding the delivery of interest-based content and advertising.
c. Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
We may also collect data about your use of the Services through the use of Internet server logs, cookies and/or tracking pixels. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering content specific to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions or clicks, measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe's website. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
- 3. Information Collected By and From Social Media and Other Content Platforms
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or other social media sites, we may collect some information from you including your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through social media sites.
- 4. Information from Affiliates and Non-Affiliated Third Parties
- We may also obtain information about you, such as demographic information, from our affiliates or from third parties, such as marketers, partners, researchers and others.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following purposes:
• For the purposes for which you provided it;
• To process a transaction you initiate or to provide the features, services and products available through the Services; • To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us, account alerts, or other communications, such as newsletters to which you have subscribed;
• With your consent, to send you SMS messages;
• To notify you about new features and offerings of the Services, including, but not limited to, discounts, events, shows news about our Services, products, and/or special offers;
• To contact you with information, surveys, or advertising that we believe may be of interest to you both regarding our products and Services and those of third parties;
• To administer sweepstakes and contests;
• To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback;
• For internal research and reporting;
• To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
• To personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services or on other websites, including across difference devices and browsers (see “Personalized Content and Advertising” section below);
• To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
• To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We may use de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
- WHEN WE DISCLOSE USER INFORMATION
Purch may disclose and/or share your information to or with any non-affiliated third parties under the following circumstances:
• Consent. We may disclose your information to any third parties based on your consent to do so.
• Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf and for any other legitimate business purpose. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, customer support, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, and legal services.
• Business Partners. We may provide your information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships to provide you with special coupons, discounts, or promotions, or to offer products and services to you for purchase. We encourage these partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
• Protection of Purch and Others. By using the Services, you acknowledge, consent and agree that we may access, preserve and disclose your information, including, but not limited to, any user content, if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce our Terms of Service, this Policy, or other contracts with you, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; and/or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Purch, its agents and affiliates, its users and/or the public. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, and spam/malware prevention, and similar purposes.
• Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions, e.g., due diligence) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of Purch’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
• Public Forums. Our Services offer publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Please also remember that if you choose to provide information on public features of the Services, individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about what you choose to disclose publicly and make sure it’s information you want to share with the public.
- PERSONALIZED CONTENT, ADVERTISING, AND YOUR CHOICES
- 1. Online and Email Analytics
If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- 2. Tailored Online and Mobile Advertising
We may personalize the content and advertising that you see when using the Services through the use of third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you provide such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out of tailored advertising. In that case, the ads will just not be tailored.
When using a mobile application you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, iOS for Apple phones, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems to opt-out of tailored in-app advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to control receiving personalized in-application advertisements; thus, you should contact the platform provider for further details on opting out of tailored in-application advertisements. We also may use third-party service providers to deliver advertisements on mobile applications or for mobile application analytics. You can opt-out from third-party interest-based advertising on some Android devices and Google apps by visiting Google Settings, Ads and then click on ‘Disable ads based on interests.’ You can also opt out of some interest-based advertising on your mobile device by downloading the Truste Privacy App available at: https://www.truste.com/consumer-resources/privacy-app/.
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
- Notice Concerning Do Not Track Signals
- Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform online services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on the Services for third party purposes, and that is why we provide links to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out pages, as well as choices provided by Google Ads, Google Analytics, and Truste. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
- UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION AND DATA RETENTION
You may access certain of your information and delete, change, or modify that information through your relevant account settings on the Services. For additional assistance with modifying or deleting information provided to us, contact us at email@example.com.
We will retain your information to continue offering the Services to you. If you terminate your account, any association between your account and information we store will no longer be accessible through your account. However, if you have engaged in any public sharing prior to termination, that information will remain on our services and accessible to the public. We will also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that these measures will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information since despite our efforts, no Internet and/or other electronic transmissions can be completely secure.
We recommend that you change your password periodically. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account username and password. You may not provide these account credentials to any third party. If you believe that your account username and/or password have been stolen or been made known to others, you must contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and change your password immediately. We are not responsible if someone else accesses your account through information that they have obtained from you.
- YOUR CHOICES
- If you have provided contact information through the Services and decide that you do not want Purch to use that information for marketing purposes in accordance with this Policy, you can opt-out of future use at any time by: (i) going to the link provided at the bottom of any email you receive and opting out of receiving future information; or (ii) by sending us an email at email@example.com. Please note that you may not be able to opt out of emails about your transactions and relationship with us, such as emails regarding a your account, requests or inquiries, and purchases of products and/or services.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS -- CONSENT TO TRANSFER
- The Services are operated in the United States and are governed by United States law. If you are a resident of the European Union or other location outside the United States, please be advised that any information you provide through the Services will be transferred to the United States or other designated locations outside of the United States for processing, hosting and storage by us or our service providers. By using the Services, you consent to this transfer and to the use of the information as described herein.
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
The Services may also include widgets and social media features such as the Facebook "Like" button, which are interactive mini-programs that provide specific services from another company (e.g. displaying the news, opinions, music, etc.). Information such as your email address may be collected through these features. These features may collect your IP address and set cookies to enable them to function properly. We are not responsible for nor do we endorse the privacy practices or the content of such third-party services. Any information you provide via those services is subject to their applicable privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- California Law permits visitors who are California residents to request a list of the third parties to which we have disclosed “personal information” (as that term is defined under applicable California law) for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You are limited to one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may request the information in writing at: Privacy, Purch, 150 Fifth Avenue, 9th Floor, New York, New York 10011.
- INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
- The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 and such children are not permitted to use the Services. If we discover we have received any “personal information” (as defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and use practices, the features of our Services, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes.
- QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
- If you have any questions about our Policy, you can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at: Privacy, Purch, 150 Fifth Avenue, 9th Floor, New York, New York 10011.